Our team’s transmission line experience of data acquisition and processing includes over 15,000 miles of airborne LiDAR surveys across the South and Midwest. With various tasks including; Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR), oblique and video data collection, ground survey control, feature coding, PLS-CADD deliveries and orthophotography services ranging from 500kv to 46Kv transmission lines.
- Helicopter platform acquisition to include simultaneous LiDAR and vertical imagery utilizing our Trimble LiDAR system and Utrack Oblique/Video system
- High dense LiDAR scan and 0.25’ vertical imagery
- Oblique Structure / Substation Images
- Survey control matrix for ground truing of LiDAR data.
- Weather Stations / Meteorological Information
- Communicating with FAA and utility companies pre, during, and post flight
- Quality Control data insuring accuracy and project coverage
- Calibrated LiDAR data to meet 0.25’ vertical / horizontal accuracy.
- Generate LiDAR accuracy reports comparing the field survey points.
- Filtering and editing of ground point candidates to result in a “thinned” DEM. This data primarily served as the input for generation of a TIN model in PLS-CADD for purpose of generating ground centerline, left and right profiles.
- Import, orientation and rectification of imagery to the LiDAR DEM to be output at 3-inch GSD.
- Classify LiDAR, suspended objects inclusive of main conductor (all phases 1, 2 & 3), crossings, underbuild, attach points, guys, shield, vegetation, hydrology, roads, buildings, structure centers, poles, signs, etc.
- Preparation of a PLS-CADD model on the transmission line per NERC specification, include features and obstacles in the corridor that are located and identified by laser-scan and color digital imagery.
- Create PLS-CADD .BAK files incorporating client specific .fea files
- Geo-coded Oblique Structure Images and corridor video